Thread: Notetaking
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Notetaking

[ QUOTE ]
I just write specific hands that I think are interesting ("raise/called preflop, checkraise all-in on K42 flop with 99") and general notes ("calls flop and folds turn often vs PFR").

[/ QUOTE ]

I do stuff like this too. Basically I'm just looking for anything unusual. If I've played with someone for a while and I still haven't noted any hands from them, I'll just write some general impressions of their play (solid, too loose but not stupid, overaggressive but not manical).

I also like to take notes on what it takes to make the guy fold. For example, raise preflop bet flop bet turn check-fold river gets written up immediately (along with the board cards). Whenever someone minbets, they get a note on whether or not they folded to a raise. These are the tools I'll use to decide whether to bluff this guy in the future.

Also I almost always take notes on what a player does when it's checked to him on the river and his hand has no showdown value.

Any reads that I have any doubt about I use a question mark. This might be because I've seen them do something several times but only one hand was shown down, or I've seen them do something several times but I've also seen another hand which contradicts my read. It could also be something like "never bluffs?" which takes a very long time to be certain about.