View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Going to try playing live 1/2 for a living....

Well I starting playing online for a living in November '04, after losing my job unexepctedly. The job didn't pay squat, and although I was already a decent poker player, I hadn't saved up a bankroll of any kind, I would usually invest my profits into learning omaha or stud or draw or some other game, and never save them.

So when I lost my job I literally had to overdraw my bank account for $200 if I remember right. Fortunately it was several months and a few thousand saved up before I hit a bad patch....

This post relates to a question I had asked on here earlier...I have just gotten tired of grinding it out online, and although a lot on here thought I should move up, 1 or 2 levels higher nl online requires a lot more br, a good deal more skill, and is a lot less profitable compared to entry level nl where most fish either stay or return after getting eaten alive at more reasonable levels.

Unfortunately I only have about 3k as I spent 2k to get a car to take me to the B&M (I know illustrious life of a poker pro right...hopefully most are doing a lot better than me), but anyways, I can still play online.

What I was thinking as possibly a sensible compromise is maybe just going up to the B&M on weekends when the games are super juicy, and playing online during the week. My experience during the week is that play is still invariably much looser than online, but much tighter than weekend play, and I probably won't be tripling my buy in on a Monday night unless the cards are with me.

On the other hand, internet play isn't great mostdays either, and weekends have been when I've made about half of my money...so we'll have to see how this works.

If I even had like 2k more this would be all a lot simpler, I don't know maybe I should just take the safe route and keep playing online while that's still available...