View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: A problem with some religous views Part 2.

Maybe I'm not following you. You say you are assuming the existence of a god for this question, so this is how I understand your point: I have feelings of right and wrong. This is either

A) a moral compass inserted by that god, reflecting his/her/it's moral beliefs, or

B) these feelings are nothing more than random emotions that mislead me, and have no relation to the moral beliefs of that god.

My question is, are you speaking in completely general terms? Are you saying that BECAUSE you have feelings of right and wrong, they must either be faculties put in place by that god or they must be leading you astray from god's feelings?

The way I read it (you say your moral feelings are "evidence" of what is exactly right or wrong), you seem to say that it doesn't matter how accurate your sense of right and wrong is. Kinda like saying god gave you the equipment, but no guarantee that it works. But the mere fact that you have the equipment points to a god who wants you to be able to make moral judgments.

Am I anywhere close?