View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: the river

[ QUOTE ]
I'm stunned that he folded trip kings. I never expected him to fold that.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm absolutely stunned by this hand. How come everyone on the planet knows he has a monster except for the 2 people actually involved in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Knows is a strong word. I recognized the fact that he could have a strong hand after his turn check raise, and when he 4 bet I realzied it was very likely. But considering it is a blind steal situation with two very aggressive players and the fact that you can't see his cards I don't think it's correct to say you "know" he has a monster.

Also, his fold, while surprising, is still understandable. Aggressively saving bets is just as important as aggresively value betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've talked about this in some other posts, but I might as well do it again. I think one of the worst things you can do in limit holdem is make a big hand, play it tricky or slowplay it in some way so that you plant a seed of doubt in your opponent, and then make a tough fold later. Cassidy makes his hand, acts all tricky to make you thin that he is trying to get away something, and then makes the big laydown. Not a good idea.