Thread: Anyone tired?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Anyone tired?

Just checking if anyone out there has gotten tired of Poker and taken a break? If so how long was the break and what made you come back?

Just a little history so that you understand that this is not a bad beat type story. I play in a couple of home games for a total of 5 or 6 times a month. It is with a group of friends and we keep stats of our finishes for our "player of the year" award. I am currently second on that list and I have been pretty consistent all year long.
It is just that lately I just don't feel like playing or really talking that much about poker. I remember that not to long ago, the day after one of our games was usually spent talking about hands and plays with some of my closest friends.

I even have a couple of Card Player magazines still in the plastic bag they came in where as before I would read them cover to cover within a few days.

So I guess the passion and excitement of poker has worn off and I was wondering if that has happen to some of you 2+2ers and if you have any advise?