View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Offensive Screen Names

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, youve actually made a good point.

ill still expect a poker site to censor some names. i could care less about four letter words. but if i sat down w/ "BinLaden_was_right" or something ill send an email to support and express that im upset that someone is using the screenname.

[/ QUOTE ]

so to you, using a "four letter word" that is generally accepted as "bad" and are in fact blocked from the chat functions of most sites is less offensive than the free expression of a thought that you disagree with?

So what if someone has Bin_Laden_was_right or AdolfHitler? Perhaps that person believes that BinLaden was right or that Hitler is someone to be looked up to. Clearly you disagree and for the record so do I, but I wouldn't want to prevent them from expressing that opinion (no matter how minutely).

I don't think that any screen names are offensive. The ones that piss me off are the ones like "LoosePassiveFish" when the guy clearly is a TAG because the SOB subconciously puts it in my head that he is a LoosePassiveFish before I even see a hand against him and it costs me money. Now that, is offensive!

FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

no, curse words which are banned arent offensive to me.

racist slurs, nazi references and 9-11 disaster references are offensive to me . i dont want to see them. im a member of the ACLU so dont make this some ridiculous argument about freedom of expression.