View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Results not important, please critique flop and turn play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Additionally, if your opponents have marked you with A-A-x-x ot K-K-x-x, you can get a lot of action from even bottom two here. Considering this, and the fact that MP1 bet the turn with his case chips, the turn call is a no brainer (as Tilt already mentioned).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I potted it because my thinking is I represented KKxx or AAxx and I could get action from someone thinking I am over playing them post flop. Unfortunately this is because I sometimes may do this on a board of this type (which I see as being almost as safe as possible for AAxx and KKxx)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your fine with this. Since everybody checked and you have the button you should bet as they probably expect you too after a pre-flop raise and safe board. With so many to the flop it really up's your chances of someone thinking they are going to be trapping you with an underset you can get heads up with. The pot bet should narrow down the field the help achieve this.

I think this is in general a safe board for AA/KK and will bet it, but often not into a field of 4. Usually only if there are only 1 or 2 others in unless I have great reads they fold alot. With a field this large if the turn comes a K or an A it could turn out good for you if someone wiffed a c/r on the flop. Plus if it get's checked around 2 you a second time on a blank it's very unlikely they have anything and a bet there will win it.