Thread: Aggressive Play
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Aggressive Play

Yes. Super System. However, understand that the situation must be right. I find that super aggression advocated in supersystem works wonders in a short-handed game against good players (when I say good, I just mean non-calling stations. Players who can fold).

Do this as an experiment. Get and read Super System II (Brunson's NL section). Then read it again to make sure you absorb it. Then find a short-handed table and use it. Now, it's paramount that you be able to classify your opponents. Not play loose against calling stations. Make sure you have folding equity against players when you make a bluff/semi-bluff.

But, in the right situation, Super System works beautifully. After first dismising the book, then going back to it much later, it totally redefined my game. Now, I start aggresiveness as my deault, and I dial it back depending on 1. number of players and 2. type of player I am in a hand against. (You have to have a solid understanding of poker theory first to overlay Super System onto, or else you will go broke super fast).