View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Now I know what its like to play against me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well,
If this guy is truely "very aggressive" and we've seen him make 2 non-aggressive plays wouldn't it make sense to put him in monster/crap land. And hense try to play a small pot.
I pick the top line because I've seen the guy complete a smallish opening bet and check to me (hense I think he may fold)

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, w/ these stacks, he's much more likely to c/r the flop than bet out w/ any type of hand, so i don't think you can use "he checked so he's weak" as an argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not so much "he check so he's weak". He didn't raise PF so I'm not worrying too much about AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,(maybe KQ). And because the opening bet was kinda small he'd be more likely to play along with many hands. In my experience people who are very aggressive get noted as aggressive because they play a bunch of hands (aggressively)...if they were tight and aggressive sticking mainly to premium hands they'd be hard to label as aggressive because we wouldn't see them play too much. Therefore we can't shorten the hand range of our opponent too much.

So I'm not super worried about the K. But I am worried about checking the flop only to see a Q or something like 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . In which case the impending turn bet the opponent WILL make could be ANYTHING. This is good when he's betting air but he could very well have just caught a 2nd pair on any brick or picked up a higher pair with any overcard.

So I choose to take a stab now when I'm reasonably sure I'm ahead than wait till later.