View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Paradise 75K - deep stacks - when do I shut it down?

Satellited in for 5 bucks, so figured I'd give it a shot. Added on for 30.00 incredible 2-3 hour and I find myself 8th in chips with 110 to go. Bubble just burst.

I've been opening up 2 times per orbit and only hands I was looked up, I actually had KK and AK and won both times. For all they know, I've been getting awesome cards. I have 108K and the next stack at the table happens to be the villian who just sat down with 66K.

Now, as woodguy posted when he won it, it turns out to be a crapsshoot/pushfest near the end, so I've been preparing myself for this by trying to get a big stack for the survival mode. I destroyed the bubble adanthar style and shorties are beginning to bust left and right, but I'm here to win. On to the hand.

Blinds 2K/4K w/200 ante - Average stack is around 55K
Folds around to me in the CO(108K) and I open K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to 11K. Villian (66K) in the BB calls, leaving himself 59K behind.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Villian checks.

Hero bets 11K and Villian quickly calls leaving himself 48K behind

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Villian checks again.

Now, I can shut it down now or still put the pressure on. I decide to put half his stack at risk and bet 22K.
Villian goes into the tank and calls.

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villian checks. Fire again? I checked behind.
Results in white: <font color="white">Villian had K 10 and took half my stack </font>

This took half my stack and I ended up pushing AQ into AK and finishing 71st for a measly 126 bucks. I honestly though I had a chance at the 21K 1st prize, but just felt terrible after this hand. I did see that colson10 was still alive and I stopped by to say gl. Hope you took it down.