View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: AK in BB vs raise from chip leader

okay well here's what actually happened:

in the short time i had between doubling up and facing this decision my thoughts were along the lines of - my M is about 7, so although i am currently 4th i am by no means assured of getting to the final table with a shot at winning the thing. i have not too much info on the chipleader as the table only formed a few hands before my short stack antics ( i was breifly on a table with him earlier, he had pushed all in against someone over half his size with 89 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], the opponent showed pocket Qs, he made a runner runner straight flush!). i saw this raise as an attempt to wrestle momentum back from me to the big stack, and also the fact that if i lay this down im going to have to be willing to let my blind get pounded on each orbit by him in future. so handswise i put him on a couple of high cards - which i dominate - or possibly a small pair (less likely).
so as the timer runs down... i push.

dealt to Francisod [Kd Ah]
Chessman: folds
c16ung: folds
leeds utd: folds
dirt-box: raises to 12000
Swifty73: folds
Jantor: folds
Francisod: raises to 39660 and is all-in
dirt-box: calls 27660
----- FLOP ----- [Ts 9c 8d]
----- TURN ----- [Ts 9c 8d][6d]
----- RIVER ----- [Ts 9c 8d 6d][3d]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Francisod: shows [Kd Ah] (High Card Ace)
dirt-box: shows [Ad Jd] (A Flush, Ace high)
dirt-box collected 82620 from Main pot

after which a couple of the guys on the table called me an idiot for going all in agaisnt the chipleader, and admonished me for not waiting until the move didnt put me out in 24th. i argued with them saying that if that was their attitude then im sure theyve made plenty of final tables but never won any, which really annoyed them! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i left the table. but it got me thinking - hence the post.

regardless of the chipleader's holding should i have made the move?