View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: What just happened with me and this girl??

goofball,

there's a wealth of information on the boards about this kind of situation. but your situation is unique so you probably won't get the answer you're looking for.

don't worry about what she said before she left. chances are just as good that she's saying "wtf did I just say that" as her really meaning that she wasn't planning on hanging out. what matters is whether she's gonna remember having a good time hanging out with you. and the more you let yourself obsess over this kind of thing, the less you'll be able to be yourself in the future.

I don't entirely buy the argument that you can enter the "friend" zone and never return. what happens in that zone is determined by both of your desires. I think the reason most guys enter that "friend" zone and never come back is because they're constantly trying to push it to be something more, which makes the entire relationship unnatural. of course you want to avoid it, because it only gets harder from there, but it's not the end of your chances. most relationships I know of started from friendships.

right now I think you ought to not call her at all, but act excited to see her the next time you run into her. it's not in your interest for her to think you've been obsessing over her. it's all about supply and demand. and if you saturate her market with offers to hang out, she's gonna be more likely to back off. but if she thinks you'll get away if she doesn't meet you halfway, she'll be more likely to be the one inviting you over.

advisificationalizingly,

man