Thread: Restealing.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Restealing.

[ QUOTE ]
I meant to imply all this when I said "If they fold too much, fine run them over." But my comment was geared towards playing against good players who won't fold too much and who will call re-raises loosely since they will have position and know that you are re-raising lightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do this with the right stack sizes OOP, then if they call preflop, the continuation bet will in effect be for their whole stack although it may only be a smallish portion of yours. It really puts opponents in a tough, tough spot if they don't have AA or KK.

For example, in a 5-10 game if you have 1500, lets say good MP player opens for $35, button calls, sb folds, you decide to squeeze w/ random junk. If you overbet the pot OOP usually, lets say you raise it up to $150. Usually this will work, but if good player calls and others fold, you can bet $300 or so and it's really for opponent's stack, so the bet has a lot of leverage making the bluff work unless against a monster - and you should have a decently tight reraising image for this play as well.