View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 02:38 AM

Default WSOP circuit event day 1

All I can say is I'm about to fall asleep before I type this. I'm flooring at the Grand for a couple days to help out. (and the x-tra money helps) I get to work at 8:30 in the morning and come into 1 live game and no players in sight. I'm spoiled by Horseshoe. As the morning wears on I'm told at around 9:30 that I can't open any new tables because the tournament will be sold out, requiring all 78 (I think) tables. Of course this goes over well with the players that are coming in looking for live games. I quietly suggest checking out the Horseshoe to a couple players. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] As of 11:30 they've sold about 100 alternates so things are looking good. The final number was around 880. Just about the time the first tables start to break, and the list for all games was around 50 players, the P.A. system in the poker room took a dump. Now I have to get all the live games going without a way to page names. Not fun. It was fixed by around 5 or 6pm so that was a plus. SOOOOO... At 9pm, 12 1/2 hours into my shift, I figure I should go home and get some sleep. My wife has called me somewhere around 10 times wondering when to cook dinner. I'm walking out and Johnny Grooms, the tournament director, pulls me over to help with the tax forms for people getting knocked out of the tournament. When I left at 11:30 there we're 28 players left and 3 we're local poker dealers. Who says dealers can't play poker! So.. now its 1:30 in the morning and I need to get some sleep so I can make it back to the Grand at 8:30am. On a side note when I came in my wife was up waiting on me to tell me we're expecting our second baby. What a day.