View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Default I get myself in trouble in a live game with 88

I am dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB at a live 3/6 game (1/3 blind structure) full of horribly loose players who are a mix of passive and erratically aggressive. Three players limp to the HJ who raises, CO folds, button 3-bets. I call. BB calls (he plays 100% of hands), as do all but one of the limpers. For what it's worth, button has shown down AA before in which he did not raise PF and so his 3-bet does not necessarily mean a big hand. He is one of the erratic aggressive players, someone who thinks about the game but often makes deceptive or erratic plays.

My preflop call is meh in my opinion. Given the high rake (10% up to $4 plus $1 for the BBJ), it's probably a little -EV. Feel free to comment on it if you like, but I think the postflop is more interesting.

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. It is checked around to the button who bets. Should I raise, call, or fold? (FWIW, I suspect that almost everyone at the table will call one or two bets with any piece of the board or a gutshot. Some will call with runner-runner draws or a single overcard.)