View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: KQo: Did I over play turn

I've been running a bit cold recently so my advice may be a little on the weak side. Also you post is a little light on reads so I'm kind of in the dark as to what kind of player this is--something that is very important in a HU blind steal situation.

I'd prob just call his 3-bet on the turn but I think capping is fine too since its a blind steal situation. AA, KK, AQ, and 88 seem like the only possible hands that beat you at this point--I'm not seeing a 83 or a 33 3-betting preflop. You could be aiming for a split with a KQ but assuming he's reasonable I don't seem him betting this way with much you beat. JJ or TT maybe... This may be weak but thats because of the sheer number number of times I've lost several bets telling myself "He couldn't have flopped a flush" or "Oh I'm sure its not AQ."

Rest looks fine to me. I'd also cap the river--I'll just have to payoff KK i guess. I assume that is what happened or you prob wouldn't be posting this? I guess if you wanted to be real weak you could just call the river 3-bet but I can't really see myself doing that ever.