View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Rivarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this a nasty flop to 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my relative position I didn't think I had much ability to do anything to protect (I could be wrong). Bet-call and bet-3bet the turn would be great if I can count on UTG+2 to raise again, but OOP I didn't know if I could really count on him cooperating with me given the fact that he would often be willing to raise as little as a gutshot with no pair outs but wouldn't raise it on the turn unless he hit. If he has a pair, he's usually willing to go to the felt though.

Usually I'll be able to checkraise the turn but not always, and even then, it's still trapping one person for one bet while protecting against the other -- and it's giving the opportunity for a free card.

Given all the variables involved in attempting protection, I decided to just start my flop pounding mission. I'm offering 13:2 with the very real possibility of a cap, so it still offers some degree of protection against gutshot draws, etc.

I'm also going to have to look at the hand again because I posted JT9 but I remember thinking at the time that it was J98. It was definitely definitely coordinated but I don't think it was a threestraight.

Rob