View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Having position: could it be mutually beneficial to swap places?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi roundtree
I do agree that the placing of you and the rock do have a large affect on the entire table.

I am not a stud player by any means so this might be the issues as to why I cannot see how it helps the both of you to switch places. If you could explain how you believe it helps both of you to switch places it would be greatly appreciated. At the moment I can only see the switch harming you.

This is assuming that the tight player will now be able to attack you and isolate.
Merry Christmas

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify -- this was a pot limit omaha game, not stud. I don't feel isolation is an important concept in this game compared to limit or no limit hold'em, except with certain hands that play excellently headsup but usually want to be all in preflop. The deep stacks prevent that in this game.

It helps me to have this player on my right because when I am in a pot, he probably isn't. For example when I am one off the button I am likely to have position on the whole table, since he will probably fold. Having him on my right isn't that beneficial to me, I'd much rather a looser player slipped in there.