View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Cold streak odds, is this possible???

An example would be me putting a guy all-in after the turn with me holding A-K and him holding A-Q on a board of A-2-7-10 rainbow... River comes a Q... Typical bad beat that happens to me and to probably all players four or five times a day... But in the last few weeks it has been happening about 20 times a day... I play four tables at a time for about 6 hours a day, four days a week... Two straight weeks of losing like this has made me wonder what the odds of this happening in a poker career... Seems like a once in a lifetime thing... At least I sure hope it is... The thing that hurts is that these are all huge pots... I can handle regular daily bad beats, but this is something different... Needless to say my bankroll is hurting... First time in my poker career I actually face going broke... My goal in poker was to never gamble my own money and up until now I have been winning month in and month out without ever having spent any of my own "away from poker" money... I just didn't think it was possible for a winning tight aggressive low limit nl player to EVER go broke online... Perhaps I just have to accept that I can have some losing months, as I guess a losing streak like this is not only possible but perhaps probable in a extended poker career...