View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Theory of Deadweight Information Loss

quite frankly, i agree with both of you to some extent.

i think it is valuable to gain information at every available oppurtunity. i also think that sacrificing aggression for the simple purpose of gaining information is, more often than not, an incorrect play. you don't want to BET BET BET for information, you want to BET BET BET because it gives you the best chance to win pots. any information that is unveiled in the process is a happy byproduct, but it should never be your primary concern in the way you play a hand.

i would like to see you're other examples before i make more commments. i think you might be on to something, but your example isn't the greatest.(in quoting HoH you say pushing to protect leads isn't always the most EV play, but in your example you're way behind)

suggesting this type of play is more valuable in a tournament is crazy. you may gain lots of information from a hand that gets you busted out by a player you will never see again. information gathering is more valuable in ring games, because you are more likely to get a second chance to put it to use.

let's see some more hands that back up your ideas.

good post... got me thinking!