View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: results, thank god he was a moron

nice hand. i think the key to this is knowing they have AA and are minraising sort of puts some assumptions in your head about them "sucking ass" and then you can play appropriately...

i've been thinking about this a lot in situations where you raise big with some hand like TPTK because you put the opponent on either bottom two playig the way it was supposed to be played or top pair played by a donk... you raise big because you think a good player might fold bottom two given the action and a donk who played a worse hand like this would call anyway. so when people have given advice saying "maybe xxx would fold" and someone else chimes in, "how can you say you want worse hands to call but better hands to fold???" it comes down to the way the hand was played out, it is a better hand by a good player or a worse hand by a donk and your raise is perfect in both situations.

that was kind of convoluted, i think i'm going to come up with a more concrete example, but i think it comes down to using previous information in a hand to decide how to proceed which is something i don't see quite enough of.