View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 02:25 PM

Default This needs to be settled, vote on Empire here

I am having a hard time believing how many 'You think it's bad business to ban players who are costing Empire money?' quotes I am seeing on this issue. To attract business, companies will have offers or sales that they expect will bring in customers. They realize that they will make little or no profit off of the sale in hope that people will buy regular priced items that they would not have otherwise bought while shopping there, or continue shopping there when no sale is offered. Many businesses DO have offers that cost them money that have no guarantee that customers will buy anything as a result (free samples in the grocery store or free giveaways the day after Thanksgiving at retail stores)

If Empire Poker has an offer or 'sale' where a customer potentially could cost them a small amount of money by careful game selection, that is not the customer's fault that they have a poor bonus or 'sale' structure. They should have the same intent that regular businesses do and hope that we will 'buy regular priced items' (tourneys) while playing there, or continue to play there after the sale (bonus time) is over. It IS bad business to ban someone for taking advantage of an offer that the business sets up to attract customers. Especially when that player is not breaking any of the contractual agreements. If it is really even affecting their bottom line at all, they need to change their bonus structure to ensure a player cannot 'cost' them money during bonus time rather than ban players who break no rules.

OK, my opinion is obvious. But I would like to find out what the % is on both sides so a poll is in order. Please vote!

-Mack