View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: what do you guys think of these chips?

[ QUOTE ]
They certainly look better stacked than most other plastic chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think so? Of course I respect your opinion, but I'm not a fan of small dots, dashes or diamonds around the edge of chips as a way to decorate them in addition to the edgespots.

Speaking of how the cheap plastic chips look stacked, I certainly agree that the plain ones (diamond, etc.) look awful stacked as it's just a bar of solid colour.

But a week or two back GrandGnu posted some pics of his home table setup with about 1000 chips stacked on the table, and I don't think I was the only one who thought the chips looked great. (The photo was not a closeup.) Someone commented on the nice-looking chips before GrandGnu revealed that they were just the usual dice chips, with the addition of some custom labels.

I thought this was interesting, and it reminded me that I actually like the way dice chips look in a stack. The hard part is just getting the slippery little bastards to stay in a stack.

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if dice chips had a better texture, a recessed inlay with a custom label, and no "plinky" sound due to the insert, they'd be great.