View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: 30-60 hand - mike l thinks I blew one street

[ QUOTE ]
Barron you actually wrote in your post...

>>>I like how you check-raised the flop, given that, though, maybe check the turn, hoping for the check-through, and then bet out at the river due to "hitting your flush"?<<<

How does this make any sense at all? This is a very bad post. Seriously what are you talking about? Are you bluffing? Value betting? Opposite Day?

And why does noone comment? Is everyone just ignoring him for some reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

The other guy (Elin.) did cover it well, as far as why I said what I did, my first point still is that I am not crazy about the pre-flop action. Granted, I'm out here on the east coast and seniors would hit me with their canes and/or walkers if I tabled pocket 66's at showdown after this pre-flop action.

HOWEVER, as to why I said what I did, without being results oriented (his opponent has a flush, he's going to lose, ESPECIALLY given my line) I thought another way to try this would be to check-raise the flop, check the turn (raising if bet at), and then betting out at the river regardless.

The whole thing is a bluff in this situation as he's representing from the get-go some holding that is > 66's. Given that, that was my $0.02 (which would've cost him more than he lost on the hand, granted).

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com