View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Bush Administration Tries to Hide the Truth (Again)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where, in this article, do you see any mention of keeping the reporters out altogether?

[/ QUOTE ]

The article was exemplary. Keeping reporters out has been reported elsewhere, including here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The article is not "exemplary", it is fairly common. It is perhaps an example. Nitwork done....

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be joking. This is what you lead with? This you believed was such an error on my part that you felt comfortable with this smarmy, juvenile display?

Please.

Next time, please do yourself a favor and check a reference before you embarass yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, here there is mention of keeping the reporters out; this is a representation of the actual paragrah and a half. I looked elsewhere via reference of this article and there did seem to be a period where media were being turned away. However, it is unclear that the Bush administration made such an order. Do you believe every order acted upon by the National Guard comes directly from the Bush Administration? So we do have evidence of an order, but no evidence it came from Bush himself or the Bush administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the military by itself decided to do this, with no civilian input whatsoever? Is that your theory? Ok. Any evidence to back that up?

[ QUOTE ]
I do notice that you neglected to include the follow-on notes that this stance has been changed --

"I talked to Bob a few minutes ago. And he said that there seemed to be a sea change in the treatment of reporters trying to get access to the city from yesterday to today. Today he reported that he and his colleagues were able to get through without any problem."

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this available when I posted this morning and this afternoon? Why, no. Thank you for noticing.

[ QUOTE ]
Directly from your the other misleading individual in this conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
So the massive governmental cover-up was for 1 day of restricting media entrance. It is good to question why, perhaps looking for the answer to why they choose to limit access? It certainly did not succeed in preventing the people from knowing that New Orleans was in terrible shape, that thousands have died and thousand upon thousands more are hungry.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, thanks to word getting out the administration changed its stance. Sounds good to me. Are you still defending a policy your ideological allies have abandoned?