View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Tourney changes at the Aladdin

I would agree with the above post. I played in the AM on Tuesday and near the end heard the Tourney Director more than once state openly "We have to get this done before 1." The blinds seemed to increase quicker after this as well but I wasn't timing so that just could be perception. Also it was stated when the prize pool was announced that there would be a final table of 9 and they would be paid. Well, there were 10 players at two tables, when they decided to go to 10 but still pay nine.I was the small blind at one table when this happened at 4 and 8k blinds. So we draw seats and the button and I'm one off the blind at the new table and he announces blinds go up next hand to 6 and 12 k. So my 30 k was gone in 5 hands with the blinds and I come in 10th. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Having said that complaint, I will say I enjoyed the tourney right until the end and the room. The dealers were proficient, and they were training a few newbies but those always had a experienced dealer over there shoulder making sure it was done right. I would play there again but working out some kinks would be nice.