View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Laying down KK for one bet. Good play?

Scubba,

After the last post with the Queens and now this post with the Kings, I'm really REALLY concerned you don't appreciate your premium hands.

I guess you are going to let the fact that this guy showed you AA let you feel relieved that you "got out of trouble" really I think you just handicapped yourself for so much future trouble it's ridiculous.

Are you capable of making a minimum raise with KK in the future? Incidentally the minimum raise with any worthy starting hand is 3 times the raise, Never 2 times!

When you have KK, and you see a raise, you should be licking your chops, be ready to go to WAR with KK. You would of lost $750 in this particular hand, but over time you are going to lose SO MUCH MORE than that with your timid playing style with large PP, it's really going to cost you.

whenever I have QQ or KK and a higher PP beats them, I shrug it off no big deal, it does not happen that often. Occasionally you know during the play of a hand, Oh my God, I have QQ I just know this A-hole has KK or AA, Occasionally I will lay it down, VERY RARELY, mainly because I need to be seen as an aggressive player at the table not some whip that will fold KK, that's the worst, now you are inviting bluffs, because if they know you folded that big pocket pair, they know you'll fold anything