View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 04:28 PM

Default i sometimes post trades...

As I have mainly been an S&P day trader, I don't usually post trades. I am left with either posting EVERY trade - which interrupts my new lightning-fast style, and really gets on peoples nerves - or I can post every trade I made money on after the fact - and sound like a liar - or...

As soon as the S&P chopped up after the weather turned cold, I began looking for places to employ capital in longer-term stuff. But I have been very busy with other things lately, and as such have no immediate outstanding entries or exits to recommend. I am also always unexcited about recommending trades, even without compensation... for a variety of reasons.

That having been said, it is fun sometimes to call trades and impress your friends! But it works best on day traders who 1) know whether you were right or wrong on the last call before your next call comes along, and 2) know how easy it is to claim you made a profit doing something when nobody sees the actual tickets. Real traders are very picky

I will probably be picking out some more frequent long-term spots in the near future, in bonds, currencies, grains, or energies (in that order of probability) and I'll post some of them here if I am of a mind to talk about my reasons. It seems like the real fun would be to brag about my reasons, but I'm not sure anyone would understand my new model, or would even care to!

Also, I am considering re-deploying my old mind-reading strategy in the stocks. The market seems inclined to it, and I am in something of a mood to do it. But it will take me a while to rebuild my confidence in that before I will want to waste my time posting.

eLROY