View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Ever fold KK preflop?

In this situation, look at it like you are just up against MP2 since UTG+1 could do this with facecard/x as you said, you are way ahead of his range. Don't even bother with his play after the river. Keep betting for maximum value from him.

MP1 who plays lots of hand can have a smaller pair, or broadway, you can have him dominated or being a 80/20 favorite against him. Watch his play after the river in case he may hit a set. MP2 is tight, but there is only one hand that beats us. Are you really that afraid of AA here? He may aswell cap it with QQ here having seen how UTG+1 plays his hand.

This is a clear call preflop. I'm guessing you wouldn't fold this 3 weeks ago, you are just being scared of the last 3 weeks bad run. You need to get over those and start playing your A-game again. Start reviewing old sessions to see if you made a mistake or you where just sucked out on, where you could have get away from the hand and so on. But I agree to some point, I hate playing AA,KK or QQ in these 0,10/0,20 limit games since I get a bunch of action preflop and postflop but I never fold being result-oriented. I never fold when I am the favorite. Good luck getting back on track.