Old 12-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Ever fold KK preflop?

Ok, I lied. tl;biriabib

[ QUOTE ]
Raising them PF has actually been -EV for me

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true.

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see that many outs to draw to. All of the extra kings could be held by the other players, and I know if MP2 hits the flop, he'll raise with UTG+1 re-raising, which means I'm stuck in the middle. As cold as the deck has been for me, I just folded. So would anyone else do the same, or do you always call? Do you ever factor in the "cold-snap" when deciding to make a call?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need many outs to draw to! You have the second best possible hand preflop! (And, I'll point out to you that if all the other kings are in somebody else's hand then that means that they DON'T have a pocket pair, and are likely drawing to one or two outs apiece, e.g. UTG+1 has AQo, MP1 has QQ and MP2 has AKs.)

You call this cap. If the flop comes ace-high and it comes to you 3-bet then you can definitely fold. But folding this preflop is very, very bad. Look at it this way, if it was raised and 3-bet and MP2 just called, you'd be capping, right? Right? (I'm balling up my fists, here.) You'd cap it, RIGHT?!

If you've been running so cold that it's affecting the way you play hands, you're on tilt. The kind of tilt that stays with you while you're asleep and you're still on it when you come back to the table the next day. You have to take some time off, dude.