View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Firepay = Dickheads

Firepay did a similar thing to me a couple years ago. In their deposit window they used to have a notice that said, "It is impossible to benefit from a fraudulent EFT." I, obviously, assumed that meant they check your checking account balance for adequate funds before putting money into your firepay account. Of course they are a bunch of liars and don't do that. Instead, when I requested a $500 deposit they gave it to me instantly. I naively thought this was because they could check my bank balance that quickly. $500 in hand, I put it into Stars where I lost it pretty quickly in a couple big tournaments.

A few days later I got a phone call. Apparently I got my checking accounts mixed up and Firepay was now trying to debit one of my accounts for $500 that wasn't there. They did this 3 times.

I was then fined by my bank 3 times for that. I was also fined by firepay 3 times for that. I was then charged a fee for a wire transfer to my checking account so firepay could get their damn money. Then Firepay told Pokerstars to give them the $500 back. Pokerstars then fined me and said if i screw up again I'm done.

I kept telling firepay this never would have happened if it *was* actually impossible to benefit from a fraudulent EFT like they said. I was also pretty pissed they tried to debit my account 3 times within an hour. Clearly the money is NOT going to be there if it wasn't there 10 minutes before! And why the [censored] did they go and demand the money from stars when I had told them I was wiring it to my checking account and it should be there in a matter of hours?

For this I hate firepay. Sure I screwed up a bit, but that doesn't mean I should have been fined 8 times for it.