View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: A State of Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Any of my ranting against the left is not to be taken as an endorsement of the right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor was it taken as such. Just struck me as funny. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
political right has traditionally had more respect for self-determination than the left, although that seems to be weakening as the Republican Party moves to the center, which has been vacated by the Dems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have problems with this. Both parties are trying to move into the 'center' and don't really know what it is. GOP is disappointing small government types with major spending, but moving farther right on social and cultural issues, and foreign policy more or less. Dems took over some of the foreign policy left but IMHO represent more of a 'center' on some social issues that Bush has pushed for far-right action on.

I think, as I've said in some earlier posts, that the left-right axis is losing a lot of its usefulness given that we have a very radical administration right now and the geopolitical landscape is shifting so much.

[ QUOTE ]
Intelligence aside, I have a lot more confidence in the responsibility of the average gun owner than I do in the responsibility of the average driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first, this is hard to quantify, and second, one is a much greater responsibility than the other.

NT