View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Your opinions on another Top 2 Pair hand please ?

I’d appreciate your opinions on every street please. Would you do anything different ?

No real reads as it was only the 2nd hand, although the 1st hand was 6 to the flop so it seems a bit loose for this level.

Bet365 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG called, UTG+1 called, <font color="red"> Hero called,</font> MP1 Called, MP2 folded, MP3 called, CO folded, Button raised, SB folded, BB called, UTG called, UTG+1 called, <font color="red"> Hero called,</font> MP1 called, MP3 called.

<font color="green"> Pretty sure calling was correct here, although I’m happy to hear otherwise. </font>

Flop: (14.5 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players)
BB bets, UTG folded, UTG+1 called, <font color="red"> Hero raised,</font> MP1 folded, MP3 called, Button folded, BB called, UTG+1 called.

<font color="green"> This is obviously a great flop for me, and with the BB betting into the PF raiser I though the best option for me would be to raise again, and face the rest with calling 2 cold.

Was this the correct play, or should I have limped along given the strength of my hand ?</font>

Turn: (11.25 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checked, UTG+1 checked, <font color="red"> Hero bet,</font> MP3 called, BB called, UTG+1 called.

<font color="green"> Pretty standard I would think. </font>

River: (15.25 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checked, UTG+1 checked, <font color="red"> Hero ?</font>

<font color="green"> This is a terrible card for me as it puts 4 to the straight (doesn’t this always seem to happen when you’re running bad!).
Given the lack of a flush draw on the flop, I’m pretty sure one of these must have been drawing to the straight.

Knowing I’ve raised all the way through, I think either of the 2 before me could be going for a check raise.

Also, with MP3 still to act, he could have it.

What is your action here ?</font>

Final Pot: ?? BB

Results = I will post later.

J.