View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 12:02 AM

Default AA play - thoughts?

Ok, so this was from a Noble Poker SNG, and I don't know how to retrieve their hand histories, so I'll just have to post it.

Blinds 30/60, 6 people left. I have roughly 700 chips left (out of 1000 starting). I am UTG with AhAs. I decide to limp, intending to limp reraise.

Folds to button, who calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Pot is 210. Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

BB bets 60 chips, I raise to 280, Button folds, BB calls. What do you put him on at this point? I put him on a weak Q. Incidentally, I've just pot committed myself, so whatever comes on the turn, I know I'm going all-in.

Turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I think I don't like this card. While it has me now ahead of QJ, if he was on a flush draw, he now completed it. He checks, I bet allin, he calls.

He flips over Kd2d for the nut flush, and I don't improve to a boat on the river.

What do you guys think about my play? Should I have checked behind with the possible four flush on the flop, and evaluated the turn? Or is that way too weak tight?

Or the obvious critique - should I have raised preflop? I obviously was going for a limp reraise, and regardless thought I could get away from a very dangerous flop . . . but I thought I was ok here.

Thoughts?