Thread: Scene Stealers
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Scene Stealers

[ QUOTE ]
Naw man, seriously, this bothers me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote up the post and poll real quick and I have the distinct impression that you guys are placing me incorrectly.

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you want to distract someone while they are paying attention to something that requires attention for enjoyment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the person who gets up half-way through a one or two minute scene. In both cases the ones who do are my best friend and a member of my family.

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it kind of seem like you're degrading the quality of that thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does and that is my point with my best friend and member of my family who will remain anonymous. I rarely watch TV or movies (outside of theaters) but when I do it is usually with somebody and it is almost always something on tape or DVD. To me it is common sense and common courtesy to wait until the end of a scene to take a snack break. When we are watching the show/movie together, and getting up in the middle of a scene is an unnatural break.

My response is to rewind to the beginning of the scene. That drives the two of them crazy and prompted my quick post/poll as sort of a joke. The other people in my life take their breaks at the end of a scene. I can pause the tape and take my own break so we are always in sync and the feeling of togetherness is enriched.

That said, I prefer to see movies in theaters just because of the fact there are no interruptions.

Anyway, I admit to being anal retentive but not a nit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick