View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: inducing bluffs? 2/4 HU

[ QUOTE ]
What sort of hand could he call with that I beat considering the action? I'd expect him to bet a flopped pair so there are no real two pair possibilities

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll withdraw my earlier reply. In the cold light of dawn I've written this problem down so I can better visualize whats happening. I don't play HU and have no business commenting anyway.

My limited knowledge is gained from 2+2 so I doubt there's anything I can add that you haven't already read.

What I've learned is that it is extremely player dependent and if you play long enough with an opponent you can get inside his head.

Beal, from Dallas, gets a lot of press re: his desire to play a $20M pot, and how it all went. Of course Beal is not a great player, but a great numbers guy. His strategy was to wear headphones so he couldn't hear his opponent and to use a random number generator. Fascinating.

As I study and learn I am not a big fan of the phrase " only a better hand will call (or raise) and a worse hand will fold". The objective against better (or weaker) players is to deceive them and get them to make a mistake. My 2+2 readings say that Ax is a raising hand so a random 2 pr is not out of the question with the flop check.

A really delicious spot where both players can represent the QJ. I think your hand is well disguised and feel you're good here enough times to back this play with your stack. Of course worse hands call. You see it routinely.