View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: You remember i hate those Js? We\'ll they are back! (PS215!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look, I know pushing is an easy and common play, and it's easy to say "overpair vs. overpair, what can you do." But I think there's something to be said for identifying that you're behind here, or at least trying to use the information available to determine so, and not just saying "It's an overpair, all in!"

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't disagree with this, but i do think that given these stack sizes, and the pot size by the time the flop comes around, that we just don't have enough room to find out enough information to get us to fold an overpair. i certainly don't think him 2/3 potting it, which may just be a standard CB, provides us with some sort of information that puts him on a hand better than ours.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you reraise preflop, bet almost half your stack on the flop, and consider it a "standard continuation bet"? Come on.
If villain wanted to push hero out, he would have gone all-in.
I think the information that hero is beaten IS there, it's just easy to ignore and/or rationalize a different line. Easy enough that most of us, including me, do it most of the time.