View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: 109 - KK do I raise? If so, where?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: BB usually has a medium pair or a 7 (there are some flush draws in there and a very rare queen). You are mildly concerned with SB so you can safely just call this now. If you get an overcall or CR, dump the hand (you found out cheap). Otherwise, you'll probably get another t200 out of BB on either the turn or river, that'll be that, and you can take down half of his stack or so very nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was precisely my thinking, and also why I just called the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this flop logic. You are either way ahead or way behind of the bettor in most cases (I think a flush draw is kind of rare here relative to the other pair hands that bet). If he does have an FD, whatever, you gave him a cheapish card and you can let him make the mistake of calling on the river if he wants. I also like being able to see an overcall or check raise cheaply.

Preflop, I really think you have to raise. He's UTG so he probably has a decent hand when he opens. I don't think against the average 109 player you're giving away too much information, because I dont think alot of them are good hand readers. Regardless, you have to raise because of the amazing odds you are giving especially to the blinds.