View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Am I insane? (89s in huge pot)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think some people get too caught up with the bottom line. There is a tendency to look down on players who have any motivation other than proifit.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an unstated assumption on these forums that the advice given on hands are for the most +EV play. For those people who want to play for relaxation/fun, this forum isn't for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play for money and for fun. Winning is fun and losing is not, so money and fun go hand in hand. that being said, there are times that I might make a slightly -ev play just for fun. For example, suppose I have had a dead run of cards for an hour, and I don't have time to play anymore. I'm out when the next blind rolls around. I get J8s UTG. I might play it, simply because it is the last hand of the night. Yeah, I might be losing 5 cents of ev, but I'll go to bed happier because I finally got to play a hand. Or I could make more money playing 4 tables at a time instead of 2. I tried that, but I couldn't follow the action as well, and didn't enjoy it as much, so I went back to 2 tabling. EV is very important, but there are other considerations. Anyone who denies that should take their blinders off.