View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: 2+2 table with 250xBB micro-limit stacks...button vs. SB hand

I like villain's play. I don't really like how you played your hand.

Preflop: The raise is good. Once you get re-raised it can be a real re-raise or it can be crap. Re-re-raising is not terrible because it helps you find out where you are. If he calls, you can assume a legit re-raising hand I think. Still, I might just call the re-raise because I think that is more likely how you would play AA or KK (but maybe you don't - I do, though).

Flop: You know that you are against a legit re-raising hand so you know (or should know) that he is going to check/raise you here. You should just take the free card! You have a great draw. The A is good 1/3 or 1/4 of the time (assuming he would play AA/KK/QQ/(JJ?) like this) and the Q might even be good if he has JJ (or TT??). A diamond is definitely good. So why let him check/raise you? There is NO WAY he is folding in this situation and you are behind with a great draw. Sounds like the PERFECT place to take the free card. You paid 2x the pot for a draw you could have had for free. And if you hit, there is a decent chance he pays you off anyways since he has an overpair and won't necessarily put you on the flush draw. You could just as easily have AKo/AQo. And in this specific case, he will have a hard time not paying you off because he probably thinks his Kd is good if he hits another diamond, assuming one hits on the turn.