View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Stay put or bump it back down...

Even though 60 SNGs is not very many, I would be worried about your 31% ITM. What I've found is that my ITM is pretty stable after 50 or so SNGs, whereas my ROI will continue to fluctuate even after 300.

Looking at my ITM numbers over the past 300 $33 SNGs, I never had a block of 60 games with an ITM under 40%, and my overall ITM was 42%.

It's too early to tell yet, but I think I'm running into a similar problem moving to the 55's. I'm going to move back down to the $33's for the most part, while continuing to play a few $55's until my sample size is big enough to know something (150-300, IMO). You might want to try the same thing, ie, play 1 $22 for every 3 $11 while continuing to track your ITM and ROI in both. Even though it takes a very large number of SNGs to know exactly how you're doing, you probably know whether you're winning or losing after 60. That's why I think it's safe to switch limits pretty quickly, whereas I would withold judgement about the need for major strategic and tactical adjustments until you had a large enough sample size with which to extract some meaningful information.