View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Value Raise this River? Commerce 10/20

apart from the unpleasantness resulting from a reraise i think there is definitely value in a raise. unless its the case that you never bluff the hand has played out in such a way that its pretty easy for you to have no hand whatsoever. its also pretty easy for him to not have much of a hand. given that he ought to be able to recognize all this he may interpret the river action as you bluffing which would allow him to call with all sorts of hands.

the amount of money left in play makes things ugly enough that i can understand not raising here if he is likely enough to put you to a decision that your not sure about. each of you has a wide enough hand range that the possibility of the two of you being on different pages as far as what hands are likely can complicate things. what im getting at is could he have a worse 2 pair and think your raising an A and think he is reraising for value with a worse hand. this scenario may be completely impossible given how the two of you play, i dont know, but my point is im not that sure what he is likely to interpret a river raise to mean. this means im less sure how to interpret a river raise from him which makes the decision pretty unpleasent.