View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Bubble Blind-Defense?

This one is iffy IMO, but my reasons my not sound good enough but thats why I am throwing them out there....

You may be THE short stack right now, but you are not short stacked. The table conditions for this are great for you. You have the big stack right in front of you. You will always know when he is in a hand. the other two stacks have to steal through the big stack to get to your blind every single time. This is a 10+1 and people are prone to make very bad bubble choices. Toppled with the fact the bigstack here has shown aggression and therefor without a read I also think he will call a lot looser too... so beware.

all in all I think the edge you gain here is not very good at all.. + EV Yes I think so, IF everyone is the same skill level. If you feel you have a big edge wise skill wise on these monkeys then I personaly think there is a better spot in the future when the blinds are more worth it and your survival rate is much higher.

An important fact is When are the blinds going up. Is it real soon or not so much?

If you feel the read is that villian will fold hands like AT and KQ then push away. If you think he is calling then you may want to reconsider.

This advice comes with a grain of salt. I havent even decided if I like it or not yet, but that being said......

enjoy