View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Riptide 5K Complete Tourney Summary

I hate how Paradise Poker gives players a timebank that can last more than 1/10 of the level length. The blinds go up so goddamn fast relative to the amount of hands played compared to anywhere else.

I busted out in the 100s again when my JJ lost to K4o and QTs 3-way. I called the two all ins and lost to a Q on the river.

some things I've learned about the riptide: go for the stack double or triple early, sit on your chips for a while, doubling through anxious rebuyers, hope you get a monster right before the break and take some more anxious rebuyer chips..

You're just going to find yourself in any hand you're involved in either going all-in, or calling an all in for a serious amount of your chips. On the bright side, you can be assured that many of these all-ins are with junky hands, as weak as an unsuited King high. and remember, if you think you have an opportunity, TAKE IT. The blinds go up VERY fast relative to the hands, like I said. I might have considered folding the JJ to the two all ins if it wasn't like that, but I knew that desperation caused by the blinds (for both the players who went all in, and mostly ME) forced me to call for my best shot at making high money.

I hope my (edit: newbie) wisdom brings much happiness and 90th place to many, for a whopping profit of .50.