View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: i think bad flops are the most painful

I've been playing live for 2 years and just started playing online a few weeks ago. I just finished a second straight brutal day. I've playing 1/2 Limit on Absolute, where the tables seem to be extremely tight. Probably average fewer than 3 seeing the flop.

Anyway, I play a very tight, aggressive style and follow the starting hands for tight games as illustrated in SSHE. I'm getting killed. Example - AA in middle position. I raise, and get reraised, by button and Big Blind. Flop comes KQ rag. I have third best had out of 3, losing to KK and QQ. I know that Aces don't win all the time, but I can't win with anything. When I flop a draw to the nut flush, I hit one out of 100.

How do you deal with this? In a 5 hour period, I was getting great cards regularly - AA, KK, QQ, AK, and didn't win a single hand. Most people here don't believe in luck, but this kind of bad luck can kill you.

I did make one horrible play that cost me a $120 pot at 3/6. I had AKs, 2 overs and an inside straight draw. The board had 4 hearts and I folded to a river raise, not having a heart in my hand. Everyone folds to the button, who shows King Deuce of clubs. At that point I was so tilted by the previous hands that I didn't stop to check out the pot size, which was giving me like 20-1.

I'll be getting PokerTracker as part of a signup bonus and plan to evaluate my play so far. Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent.

Also, for some reason, I do much better in short-handed or heads-up than I do with full rings. I play more hands, more aggressively, and my good hands hold up. I just see way too many suckouts in 6 or 9 handed tables.

By the way, I haven't lost any of my initial desposit, but have lost all of the bonus money.