View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Bragging/Bitching Thread for 2+2 Trading Competition

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the best analogy would be play-money poker. If we all sat down at the table with play money, some of us would (conceivably) play according to our 'normal' discipline - viewing the game as a test of skill. In contrast, some of us would (probably) play like maniacs, taking ill-advised risks, devaluing skill and making a mockery of the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi player,
Thanks for your reply. I would like to add that, in my opinion, I think gold might trade in the high 400's by the end of this year or early next year. The stock I'm trading is a Canadian gold junior that is unhedged, has no debt, and has good management in my opinion. If I'm right about the gold price direction, this stock might not be as ill-advised and risky as you think. Also I have done nothing to mock the competition or devalue skill (I do have 25 years of experience investing/trading real money) in this contest. If my strategy affects the strategy of others, that is certainly no fault of mine.
I don't know what will happen in the contest. My stock might blow up and I'll wind up in last place. One thing I know for sure is the market humbles everyone from time to time. That's ok. I'm just enjoying the ride. fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting that your stock pick is ill-advised. Nor am I suggesting that your game strategy is ill-advised. I'm simply suggesting that your concentration strategy would be ill-advised under any circumstances in which there is pain associated with losing (like in the real world).

My comments were intended to be provocative, but not critical of you. You have my apology for being offensive.

You certainly have more real world trading/investing experience than I. I'm going on 20 years - but I won't make it to 25 - going to retire rich by then.