Thread: 35s in BB
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: 35s in BB

[ QUOTE ]
Betting flop will fold noone that an expected bet from late position wont fold. Also I would expect that many will call even if it is raised and even if people get closed out you will gain as much if not more by being able to checkraise at least 2 people when you hit gutshot on the turn. You will be gaining those bets back and will have folded out or charged the marginal redraws to beat you. This is a plan that is used by many to accomplish many goals in one hand, You bet flop w/ gutshot trapping in dead money. If it gets raised you call and are now set to check raise turn which recovers what you lost by shutting out field on flop. Also betting flop manipulates the odds in your favor. Worst case scenario is that it is three bet back to you, but it is just like calling the original 2 bets cold, except w/ much better implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are invariably wrong in your assesment. OESD, FD, I can see betting the flop although it is not my preferred line. Lonely 4-outer, leading the flop into a big field in a huge pot is stupid.