View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: A Note to \"WannaBe\" Pros

[ QUOTE ]

You say you're smart not to have piled up debt, but most college grads finish school with lots of debt -- debt they likely wouldn't have were it not for school.

[/ QUOTE ]

College is valuable but is it worth 60K in debt ?? I doubt it. I was/am too flaky to manage that much debt. This whole "student loan == financial assistance" is BS. Loaning any old 20 year old who comes along 30K is foolish for both parties. It certainly is not guaranteed to "help" the 20 year old.

The smartist (spelling humor...heh heh) thing someone could do is to pay for college with poker winnings.

[ QUOTE ]
friends and human contact beyond screen names and PMs is becoming more important to my overall happiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that !!!
I programmed for a few years and all this sitting in front of a monitor stuff is getting old. I worked from home programming and slowly went crazy, a good day of freelance coding meant no human contact. I refuse to let Poker do the same thing. Now I teach computer stuff so I get to talk to people. The internet part of poker is a double edged sword.

--
tjh