View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: the old mike l. rears his ugly head?

PF: good. I always limp with Qxs (sometimes even Jxs) after 4+ on the button in these loosy games. If its marginal, then all the better since it makes my hand hard to read by less astute regulars.

Flop: I would NEVER fold here. The pot is big and you have outs and might even win UI. I don't even mind raising since its likely the callers have little (who wouldn't raise with flush draw/pair+str8 draw here!). I think its very close between peeling and raising and really don't mind either. I think if kid is very aggro on flop and might 3-bet with flush draw, it makes raising better.

Turn: I don't like it nearly as much as some of the (better playing) posters in this thread. If kid had TP or an overpair, I'd think he'd have checked the flop with the intention of raising a late position bet. If it were me, there would be 0 hands I'd bet/fold in this large pot but you might be ahead of me occasionally when I have 6d5x. And with that hand, I might not be betting the river UI, so raising seems to lose some of its value (since you are really barely ahead of that hand anyway). I think its close between all 3 options but I think calling and re-evaluating on river is a little better than folding which is a little better than raising.