View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Give me a clue about variance

[ QUOTE ]
I will let the more experienced players comment on variance, but if you are feeling ill with regards to poker, it might be best in taking a break from the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent advice.

Tournaments can be very very frustrating. I have gone 15 months since winning my last tourny. Yet recently, in the last 6 weeks I have had a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th. And in all 3 of those occasions I got my chips in on my final hand as a HUUUGE favorite. Yes it was frustrating to lose those hands. No question about that. I wanted the win in all 3 cases.

In the month of November, I finally started playing on Stars...I had heard about the tournaments so decided it was time to give them a try. I played 20 MTTs. I finished in the money only 15% of the time. Zero high finishes and it was a losing month certainly. Normally I run between 30-38% in the money.

But in the last 2 weeks 2 FT's in $10r and $5r events and 5k more in my bankroll.

Take a break, have patience as hard as it can be at times, and have a spare mouse at hand for those bad beats!